Geothermal Power Plants In India – Notes For W.B.C.S. Examination.
- Geothermal energy is thermal energy, which is generated through the natural hot springs.Continue Reading Geothermal Power Plants In India – Notes For W.B.C.S. Examination.
- In India, by the time, geothermal energy installed capacity is experimental; however, the potential capacity is more than 10,000 MW.
- Following are the six most promising geothermal energy sites in India −
- Tattapani in Chhattisgarh
- Puga in Jammu & Kashmir
- Cambay Graben in Gujarat
- Manikaran in Himachal Pradesh
- Surajkund in Jharkhand
- Chhumathang in Jammu & Kashmir
- Following are the six major geothermal provinces in India
- Himalayan Province e.g. Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, etc.
- Areas of Faulted blocks e.g. Aravalli belt, Naga-Lushi, West coast regions and Son-Narmada lineament.
- Volcanic Arc e.g. Andaman and Nicobar Arc (Barren Island).
- Deep sedimentary basin of Tertiary age e.g. Cambay basin in Gujarat.
- Radioactive Province e.g. Surajkund, Hazaribagh, and Jharkhand.
- Cratonic Province e.g. Peninsular India.
Guided by WBCS Gr A Officers , Online and Classroom, Call 9674493673, or mail us at – email@example.com
Visit our you tube channel WBCSMadeEasy™ You tube Channel
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website