How To Prepare Mathematics Optional For WBCS Main Exam – Mathematics Book List
Mathematics is one of the most scoring optional in the WBCS Mains examination. The aspirants from B. Sc Mathematics or B. Tech background can take Mathematics as the optional in this examination. Learning Mathematics is always fun. Right strategy and thorough practice is the key to crack Mathematics optional.Continue Reading How To Prepare Mathematics Optional For WBCS Main Exam – Mathematics Book List
Why Mathematics optional?
Choosing an optional subject can be a dicey affair. There are many rules regarding what optional subject to choose for the WBCS exam. A general rule of thumb is that you should take the subject in which you have some background and a genuine interest and practice till you are perfect.. In case you are a mathematics graduate and enjoy learning this subject, choosing maths as your WBCS optional might be a good idea. This article discusses all you need to know about mathematics optional for your WBCS civil services.
WBCS Preparation Tips
Step 1: Know WBCS Mathematics syllabus
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for WBCS Mathematics
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
Study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting the good score in the WBCS exam. Prepare a study plan for WBCS exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare WBCS Mathematics Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Tips to score high in maths optional papers
- Practice.Practice till you are perfect.
- Avoid silly mistakes
Avoid silly mistakes like ignoring a ‘+’ or ‘-’ sign, copying numbers wrong, or making simple addition/subtraction mistakes. These can be very costly. Practice till you are perfect.
- Go through a problem carefully. Then work out the answer step-by-step.
- Present your solutions clearly in steps, line-by-line.
- Always understand the question correctly before venturing to work out the solution. Once you start writing the answer and it is incorrect, you lose precious space in the question answer booklet. And later, even if you figure out you have to rework your answer; you might not be able to because of a space crunch.
- Always prepare and keep a formula sheet handy with you.
- Always solve mathematical problems with a relaxed mind. Panic can cause confusion and you will end up faring badly in your WBCS optional paper.
- Linear Algebra :
- Schaum’s outline on Linear Algebra
- Krishna Series on Matrices
- Calculus :
- Krishna Series on Differential calculus
- Krishna Series on Integral calculus
- Mathematical Analysis by Malik and Arora
- Analytical Geometry :
- Krishna Series on Analytical Geometry
- Krishna Series on Analytical Solid Geometry
- Ordinary Differential Equations:
- Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations by MD Raisinghania
- Advanced Differential Equations by MD Raisinghania
- Dynamics and Statics
- Krishna Series on Statics
- Krishna Series on Dynamics
- Vector Analysis
- Krishna Series on Vector Calculs
- Abstract Algebra
- Abstract Algebra, Ring Theory by R Kumar
- Abstract Algebra by Joseph Gallian
- Complex Analysis:
- Krishna Series
- Linear Programming:
- Operations Research by JK Sharma
- Partial Differential Equations
- ODE and PDE by MD Raisinghania
- Engineering Maths by Grewal
- Numerical Analysis and Computer programming:
- Numerical Methods by Jain and Iyengar
- Numerical Analysis chapter from Grewal, Engineering Mathematics
- Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics:
- Krishna Series, Dynamics for Moment of Inertia and D Alembert’s Principle
- Krishna Series, Rigid Dynamics for Lagrangian and Hamiltonian.
Detailed reference books
- Algebra – J. N. Sharma and S. N. Goyal
- Analytical Solid Geometry – Shanti Narayanan
- Calculus – I. A. Menon
- Complex Analysis – Schaum Series
- Coordinate Geometry – R. L. Soni
- Differential Calculus
- Differential Equations – Schaum Series (Frank Ayres)
- Linear Algebra – Schaum Series (Lipshutz) or Sharma and Vashishta
- Mathematics Dictionary – James
- Matrices – Schaum Series (Frank Ayres) or Vashisth
- Mechanism – D. S. Mathur
- Modern Algebra – A. R. Vashisth
- Numerical Analysis – S.S. Sastry
- Solid Mechanism – Kazmi
- Statistical Mechanism – Carson Horg
- Textbook of Coordinate Geometry – Rai Ballabh
Previous Years’ Mathematics Optional question papers are available here.
Our own publications are available at our webstore (click here).
For Guidance of WBCS (Exe.) Etc. Preliminary , Main Exam and Interview, Study Mat, Mock Test, Guided by WBCS Gr A Officers , Online and Classroom, Call 9674493673, or mail us at – email@example.com
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website