Reasoning – Analytical – Notes For W.B.C.S. Examination.
Analytical reasoning deals with variety of information. Based on some particular conditions, there will be various logical puzzles and we need to solve them.Continue Reading Reasoning – Analytical – Notes For W.B.C.S. Examination.
Questions are given in a complex format. We have to analyse it and convert it into the simpler form. Each question will be followed by four or five options. We have to choose the correct one. To determine the true statement, we have to apply a set of rules and facts.
There are following types of analytical reasoning −
- Seating Arrangements
The following steps are used to solve questions based on analytical reasoning.
- Initial step will be to analyse the question through a careful reading then gather the information.
- Arrange the information in table, charts or maps.
- Statements with sufficient information will be your first target.
- Use your key signal points such as arrow, pointers etc. to specify certain information.
- Handle maximum two variables in a go.
Diagrams and operators used in solving questions are −
- Diagrams & Notations
- Venn Diagrams
- Grouping Game Diagrams
- Table Representations
- Math Operators
- Line-up Representations
- Basic Linear Sequence Game Set-up
- If-Then Notations
Questions given below are based upon some conditions. Use rough diagrams for reference and choose the corresponding option.
Passage for Question
A committee is formed to reduce the expense on some areas — G, L, M, N, P, R, S, and W with the following conditions:
- If both G and S are lowered, W is also lowered.
- If N is lowered, neither R nor S is lowered.
- If P is lowered, L is not lowered.
- Of the three areas L, M, and R, exactly two are lowered.
Q 1 − If both M and R are lowered, which of the following pairs of areas are not lowered?
Answer – C
This question indicates that M and R will be lowered.
The fourth condition indicates that exactly any two of M, R, and L are to be lowered. Since both M and R are lowered, L must not be lowered.
Lowered: M, R
Not lowered: L
The second condition shows, if N is lowered, neither R nor S is lowered. So N and R cannot both be lowered. As R is lowered, N cannot be lowered.
Lowered: M, R
Not lowered: L, N
Our own publications are available at our webstore (click here).
For Guidance of WBCS (Exe.) Etc. Preliminary , Main Exam and Interview, Study Mat, Mock Test, Guided by WBCS Gr A Officers , Online and Classroom, Call 9674493673, or mail us at – email@example.com
Visit our you tube channel WBCSMadeEasy™ You tube Channel
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website