WBCS Main 2016 Optional Question Paper History
Continue Reading WBCS Main 2016 Optional Question Paper History.
WBCS Main 2016 Optional Question Paper History- PAPER I
GROUP- A :
1. Answer any three questions : 10 X 3
(a) “Inscriptions have been given the first place in the list of sources of ancient Indian History, because they are on the whole, most important and trustworthy source of knowledge”- (V. A. Smith). Evaluate the importance of inscriptions as the most trustworthy source of ancient Indian History in the light of this statement.
(b) Discusss briefly the various theories regarding the original homeland of the Vedic Aryans.
(c) Write a short note on the administrative innovations of Asoka.
(d) What is the “classical age” of ancient India ? Write a short note on the “cultural Renaissance” of the classical age.
2. Answer any two questions :- 20 X 2
(a) Write an essay on the historiographical debate on Indian Feudalism of ancient and earlier medieval India.
(b) What were the different policies adopted by Samudragupta to establish supremacy over his contemporaries and how far was he sucessful ?
(c) Attempt an impartial judgement on the achievements of Maharaj Sasanka of Gauda in Bengal.
3. Answer any one of the following :- 30
(a) Religious proliferation in major sects of Buddhism, Vaisnavism and Saivism in India : Their transformation from Protestantism to the synthetic Bhakti Cult.
(b) The growth and development of art and architecture in south India under the Pallavas, Chalukyas and Cholas.
Group – B
4. Answer any three questions :- 10 X 3
(a) Explain the causes of failure of the Hindus against the early Turkish attacks in India.
(b) “Alauddin Khalji deserved to be considered – one of the best sultans of Delhi” – Ibn Batutah. Do you agree ?
(c) “The divine Faith (Din-i-llahi) was a monument of Akbar’s folly, not of of his wisdom. The whole scheme was the outcome of ridiculous vanity, a monstrous growth of unrestrained autocracy” – V. A. Smith. Is this statment true or a false malign and allegation of contempt ? Is it born out of his political compulsion ?
(d) Assess briefly, the historical significance of the Bhakti cult movement of India from 14th to 16th Century.
5. Answer any two questions :-
(a) Explain briefly the main trends in the Mughal-Afghan contest for supremacy in northern India from 1526 – 1556. 15
(b) How would you characterize Sher Shah – as an innovator or a reformer ? 15
(c) Analyse the Rajput policy of Akbar, the great Mughal. What were its results ? 15
6. Write an easay on any one of the following :-
(a) The impact of Islam on Indian Society and religion and vice-versa from the 13th to 16th centuries. 40
(b) Art, architecture and culture under the Mughals. 40
WBCS Main 2016 Optional Question Paper History- PAPER II
Answer Question No. 1 and Any two from the rest.
1. Answer any one question
(a) Analyse the impact of colonial rule on Indian agrarian economy with special reference to the Permanent Settlement in Bengal and Ryotwari Settlement in Madras. 20
(b) What were the main issues of social reform movements in India in the nineteenth century ? 20
(c) Define and explain economic nationalism in India with reference to a few concrete issues in the late nineteenth and early twentieth-centuries. 20
2. Write a critical note on the De-industrialization in India with special reference to its causation, course and over all impact on the economy. 40
3. How would you explain Gandhi’s rise to power ? What major changes do you notice in India nationalism after the coming of Gandhi ? 40
4. Write an essay on the depressed caste movements in India in the twentieth century with special reference to Ambedkar’s role in it. 40
Group – B :
Answer Question No. 5 and any two from the rest.
5. Answer any one questions :-
(a) Identify the salient features of European Enlightenment in the eighteenth century and their historical impact, 20
(b) “No war is inevitable until it breaks out” Do you agree with this view of the original of the First World War ? 20
(c) How would you explain the Chinese Revolution of 1949 ? What were its long-term effects ? 20
6. In what respect of causation, course and effects the Industrial Revolution in Europe and Japan In the nineteenth century did differ from those in England in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries ? 40
7. Write a critical note on the phenomenal changes in African history in the twentieth century with special reference to the origin, development and end of Apartheid. 40
8. How would you explain the origin and development of Cold War ? How would you explain detente and the final end of the Cold War ? 40
Our own publications are available at our webstore (click here).
For Guidance of WBCS (Exe.) Etc. Preliminary , Main Exam and Interview, Study Mat, Mock Test, Guided by WBCS Gr A Officers , Online and Classroom, Call 9674493673, or mail us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website