WBCS – West Bengal Civil Service
পশ্চিমবঙ্গ সিভিল সার্ভিস
WBCS / West Bengal Civil Service is one of the most prestigious services of Govt of West Bengal.
West Bengal Civil Service (Executive), popularly known as W.B.C.S.(Exe), is the civil service of West Bengal. For the WBCS (Exe) and other comparative posts, Public Service Commission of West Bengal arranges competitive examinations in three phases every year. These phases are Preliminary, Main and Interview. There are different groups in recruitment of such examination based on choice and merit of scored number. These are Group A, Group B (only for West Bengal Police Service ), Group C and Group D. The WBCS (Exe) officers belong to Group A and is the only State Civil Service of West Bengal. In general, the candidates with higher scores opt for WBCS (Exe) officer. The officers are included in the state cadre of civil service officers.
The WBCS (Exe) officers are usually appointed as deputy magistrates or deputy collectors on probation and after completion of two years of mandatory administrative training under the tutelage of Administrative Training Institute, start their career as Deputy Magistrate and Deputy Collector and Block Development (B.D.O.) Officers. They also pass order in Executive Magistrate Court and execute some sections of Criminal Procedure Code. The officers of the cadre perform the key administrative functions at different levels of various departments of the state. The highest position WBCS (Exe) officers can attain is that of Departmental secretary. Three posts of district magistrate in the State of West Bengal is reserved for these officers. WBCS (Exe) officers may also be nominated at a later stage of their career to become All India Services (IAS) officers.
Detailed structure of this examination as in 2023 notification can be seen here: Click here to see it.
To see the detailed syllabus of the last exam WBCS 2023 Notification
You may visit this page too for your help: Click here for details.
If you want our guidance, we can help you sail through the WBCS Exam 2023/24.
Since the age is finally increased to 36 years for WBCS Group A, B, C and for WBCS Group D it is 39 years, do not delay your plan now. JOIN US NOW!!! Else it will be late.
- Prelims + Main + Interview (Classroom Foundation Course) weekend batches, Specially beneficial for students / officer goers / those want matured guidance.
- Prelims + Main + Interview (Online Foundation Course) weekend batches, – Specially beneficial for students / officer goers / those want matured guidance.
- New course for Maths & Reasoning, weekly once, 6 months .
- Mock Test for Prelims (35 tests), online / classroom available.
- WBCS Prelims Subject Wise Chapter Wise Mock Test
- Mock Test for Main Exam, online / classroom available.
- Correspondence course for WBCS .
- Crash Course for WBCS Main exam .
- Optional Subjects (weekly once, 6 months).
And most important issue is that if you have not decided yet, please do so as soon as possible. Else you may miss the bus this time too.
Please call 8274048710 or 9674493673 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website