Agriculture Optional Booklist – For IAS Mains Examination.
The Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the IAS Exam annually to recruit the aspirants to different Central and All India Services under Government of India.Continue Reading Agriculture Optional Booklist – For IAS Mains Examination.
The examination is conducted in three stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. The candidates appearing for the mains examination are required to choose an optional subject of choice for the IAS exam.
The optional subject would be divided into two papers of 250 marks each, cumulating to a total of 500 marks.
Agriculture as an optional subject is useful from numerous points of view. A decent hold over the subject helps you massively in taking care of the geography, economics, social issues in General Studies as the learning comes conveniently. Any UPSC aspirant who has a scholarly foundation in Agriculture, Life Sciences, Botany, and other related fields can choose this subject as their optional.
It is important to choose at least 2-3 books which cover all the topics of paper-I and Paper-II. There are several good reference books and you can choose any of these to start your preparation. Also make sure the books you are choosing have ample questions and compilation of previous year question and solved examples for better references:
- Agricultural Extension Education in India
- Agriculture Statistics
- Agronomy – Yellamanda Reddy
- Entomology – Vasantha Raj & David
- Soil Science – D.K Das Or Brady
- Introduction To Horticulture – Kumar
- Handbook Of Agriculture -ICAR
- Physiology – Pandey & Singha
- Plant Breeding -B.D. Singh
- Special Issue of Agriculture by The Hindu
- The Hindu – Survey Of Indian Agriculture
- Genetics By B.D. Singh
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management Agricultural Extension Education in India
- Agricultural Extension Education in India Pathology – Singh
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website