Geography – Yearwise Questions – Census And People – W.B.C.S. Mains Examination.
THE ANSWERS ARE MARKED IN BOLD.Continue Reading Geography – Yearwise Questions – Census And People – W.B.C.S. Mains Examination.
WBCS Main Question Paper – 2019
- ______ is a minority group in India who are followers of Zoroastrianism.
- _______ is the main occupation of the Toda tribe of southern India.
3. Many people of ______ state speaks Kinnauri.
(Kinnauri – Sino-Tibetan)
(A) Jammu and Kashmir
(B) Himachal Pradesh
(C) Uttar Pradesh
- Lepcha, Assamese, Bhutia are types of language family.
(Assamese – Indo-Aryan, Lepcha & Bhutia – Sino-Tibetan)
5. According to Census of India, 2011 the crude birth rate of the country is per thousand.
(B) 23.8 (as per WBPSC)
- _______ state has the highest literacy rate among the north-eastern states of India.
7. According to the Census Department of Government of India, a class Ill urban place have a population between
(A) 10,000 to 19,999
(B) 20,000 to 49,999
(C) 50,000 to 99,999
(D) None of the above
- State of India has more females in number than males with a sex-ratio of 1084/1000 according to the Census of India, 2011.
(B) West Bengal
9. The present habitat of tribe is mainly in the plateau regions of Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa and West Bengal.
(D) None of the above
- ______ is a tribe of north-east India.
11. According to the Census of India 2011, the child sex-ratio of India is
- Kannad belong to ______ language group.
13. In the year _____ the first Census of India was conducted.
14. _____ census year recorded a negative growth rate of -0.31 in India.
15. The HDI of India for the year 2017 is
WBCS Main Question Paper – 2017
- The child sex ratio in India in the year 2011 was
2. Which one of the following Indian languages is included in Indo-Aryan
(C) Oriya/ Odiya
- What will be the expected average age of an Indian by the year 2020 ?
(A) 24 years
(B) 29 years
(C) 34 years
(D) 39 years
- The first census in India was held in the year of
5. Bulk of the Indian population is constituted by the racial group of
(A) The Proto Australoids
(B) The Mediterraneous
(C) The Mongoloids
(D) The Negritos
- Kadars are the dwellers of
(A) Paini hills
(B) Nilgiri hills
(C) Anaimalai hills
- As per the census of India (2011) the state having the highest number
of urban population is
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(B) Maharashtra (45.23%)
(C) Tamil Nadu (48.45%)
(D) West Bengal
- The number of villages in India is about
(C) 5 lakh
(A) 3 lakh
(B) 4 lakh
(D) 6 lakh
WBCS Main Question Paper – 2016
- The tribes of central and southern India belongs to
(C) Brachy caphals
2. Population density of India as on 2011 is
(A) 372 person per square km.
(B) 382 person per square km.
(C) 392 person per square km.
(D) 352 person per square km.
- Which of the following is the dominant type of migration in India ?
(A) Rural to Rural
(B) Rural to Urban
(C) Urban to Urban
(D) Urban to Rural
WBCS Main Question Paper – 2015
1.The main occupation of the Gonds is
(a) Food gathering
2. Which one of the following Union Territories has the highest literacy rate?
(b) Dadar and Nagar Haveli
(c) Daman and Diu
(d) NCT of Delhi
3. Which one of the following states recorded the lowest literacy in 2011?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
4. Between 2001 and 2011, India’s population has increased by
(a) 161 Million
(b) 171 Million
(c) 181 million
(d) 191 Million
5. Arrange the literacy rates of the following States in descending order –
(a) a, b, d, c
(b) a, b, c, d
(c) a, d, b, c
(d) a, d, c, b
6. Which one of the following is most spoken Indo-Austric Language in India ?
(c) Munda (9-10 million)
7. Which of the following Scheduled Tribe has a dispersed core ?
8. Name the Five Year Plan (FY) in which the ‘Voluntary Sterilization
Population Policy’ was introduced?
(a) 1st Five year Plan
(b) 2nd Five year plan
(c) 3rd Five year plan
(d) 4th Five year plan
- Which one of the following States has the lowest percentage of
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
(b) Manipur (34.2%)
- The habitat of the Toda Tribe is —
(a) Aravalli range
(b) Siwalik range
(c) Kaimur range
(d) Nilgiri hills
11. According to the census 2011, India has what percentage of the total
population of the world ?
- The Zones and Strata theory pertaining to the origin and diffusion of
human races was propounded by
- Which one of the following is not the part of the definition of a town as per the census of India ?
(a) Population density of 400 persons per Sq. km
(b) Presence of Municipality Corporation etc.
(c) More than 75% of the population engaged in primary sector
(d) Population size of more than 5000 persons
WBCS Main Question Paper – 2014
- According to 2011 census, literacy rate in India is
(a) 64.83 percent
(b) 65.46 percent
(c) 74.04 percent
(d) 82.14 percent
2. Highest scheduled caste population is found in
(a) West Bengal
3. Which one of the following states has the lowest sex ratio in 2011?
(b) Haryana (877)
(d) Jammu and Kashmir
- Which year is considered as a year of great divide in the demographic
history of India?
- Which state or union territory of India has recorded the highest rate of
population growth in the last census (2011)?
6. In 2011, the number of one million cities in India was
To know more about W.B.C.S. Preliminary Examination Mock Test – Click Here.
To know more about W.B.C.S. Main Examination Mock Test – Click Here.
Our own publications are available at our webstore (click here).
For Guidance of WBCS (Exe.) Etc. Preliminary , Main Exam and Interview, Study Mat, Mock Test, Guided by WBCS Gr A Officers , Online and Classroom, Call 9674493673, or mail us at – email@example.com
Visit our you tube channel WBCSMadeEasy™ You tube Channel
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website