How To Prepare Urdu Literature Optional For WBCS Main Exam – Urdu Literature Book List
The optional subject is an important part of WBCS Mains Examination. It has a great role in deciding the fate of the WBCS aspirants in WBCS Exam. WBCS Exam is conducted in three phases-WBCS Prelims, Mains and Interview. Urdu literature is an optional subject for WBCS Mains. If you want to take Urdu as your optional for WBCS mains exam, take it since you need to take it, not on the grounds that it looks awesome from outside.Continue Reading How To Prepare Urdu Literature Optional For WBCS Main Exam – Urdu Literature Book List.
Who should opt for Urdu?
If you want to take Urdu as your optional for WBCS mains exam, take it since you need to take it, not on the grounds that it looks awesome from outside. You should opt for the Urdu language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of Urdu language as the main subject. The syllabus is more or less static and limited. It is highly recommended for people good in the language. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who are creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
Urdu optional for WBCS Mains
Urdu is an optional subject in the WBCS Civil Services examination. The syllabus of Urdu optional for WBCS Mains exam includes genesis of language, criticisms and plethora of literature pieces. If the candidates have a good idea about the syntax and grammar along with literature one can opt this as their optional.Also, an aspirants can choose the Urdu language as optional if they have done graduation in the language. The dearth of study material and vastness of language are the major challenges in this optional subjects.
Strategy for Urdu Literature Optional
- Urdu subject is recommended as the optional subject to candidates who have done graduation in the same language.
- Candidates should think twice before choosing this subject as their optional for mains exam, as there is a dearth of availability of books on this subject and the syllabus is vast.
- Many WBCS Experts recommend candidates to choose optional subjects which interest them and this goes very well especially for the literature optional subjects for mains exam.
- The literature subjects need good command over the language and one should know the construction and grammar along with the literature.
- Candidates should develop writing skills.
- Handwriting should be comprehensible.
- One should go through previous years’ question papers to get a fair idea of questions asked in the exam. In recent past, analytical and unconventional questions have been asked on the paper in the mains exam.
Urdu Literature Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
Main topics in Paper I are Development of Urdu Language, Genres and their development, Social and Cultural roots of Urdu language. Paper II will require first hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the candidate’s critical ability.
As you know the marks of the optional paper is crucial to decide your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Books for Urdu Literature optional for WBCS Mains
- Ansaf-e-SuKhan aur Sher Haiyyaten – Shamian Ahmed
- Mokqadwa; Tarikh-e-Zuban-e-Urdu – Prof. Maswood Husain Khan
- Urdu Adab Ki Tarikh – Noorul Hasan Naqvi
- Urdu ki Lisani Tashkil – Mirza Khalil Ahmad Beg
- Urdu Nasr ka Tauqidi Mutala – Suenbul Nigar
- Urdu Shairi ka Tauqidi Mutala – Suenbul Nigar
Our own publications are available at our webstore (click here).
For Guidance of WBCS (Exe.) Etc. Preliminary , Main Exam and Interview, Study Mat, Mock Test, Guided by WBCS Gr A Officers , Online and Classroom, Call 9674493673, or mail us at – email@example.com
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website