Medical Science Optional Booklist – For IAS Mains Examination.
Diagrams are extremely important in this paper. Draw neat diagrams even if they are not explicitly asked in the question. Presentation is very important.Continue Reading Medical Science Optional Booklist – For IAS Mains Examination.
You can score more marks with less number of words if you draw diagrams to represent what you are trying to convey in your answer. Some toppers also recommend drawing with colour pencils to make the presentation good and appealing if you get the time.
Even in forensic medicine, you should use diagrams.
Paper-II is more dynamic than Paper I. It contains case studies and it would be good if you can refer a few PG books for questions on the same. It is an added advantage if you can take the help of your seniors who are practising medicine for tips on such case studies.
When there is a choice of questions between static questions and questions on forensic medicine, it is better to stick to direct questions. Forensic medicine deals with subjective topics like suicide, rape, etc., so it is advisable to stay clear of it when presented with a choice.
Medical Science books for IAS
- Human Anatomy by BD Chaurasia
- Snells Anatomy
- Human Embryology by Inderbir Singh
- Human Neuroanatomy by Inderbir Singh
- Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology
- Biochemistry by U Satyanarayana
- Textbook of Pathology by Harsh Mohan
- Pathological Basis of Disease by Robbins and Cotran
- Textbook of Microbiology by DR Arora
- Medical Parasitology by DR Arora
- Essentials of Medical Pharmacology by KD Tripathi
- Lippincott’s Illustrated Reviews
- The Essentials Of Forensic Medicine And Toxicology by KS Narayan Reddy
- General Medicine – Harrison/API/Davidson/George Mathews/SN Chugh
- Essential Pediatrics by OP Ghai
- Skin Diseases by Uday Khopkar
- Manipal’s Manual of Surgery
- Clinical Surgery by S Das
- Text Book of Obstetrics by DC Dutta
- Shaw’s Textbook of Gynecology
- Park’s Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website