Pros And Cons Of Public Administration Optional – For UPSC Mains Examination.
Public administration is one of the most popular optional subjects candidates opt for in the UPSC civil services exam. For instance, in 2012 almost 50% of the successful candidates had public administration as their optional subject.Continue Reading Pros And Cons Of Public Administration Optional – For UPSC Mains Examination.
Pros of Public Administration Optional
- The subject basically gives you an idea about government mechanism. As future administrators, you should have this knowledge.
- The subject is generally regarded as easy and simple to understand.
- There is ample study material for public administration.
- The questions are generally straightforward.
- There is a lot of overlap with the general studies papers.
- Studying this subject will help you even in the essay paper and in your IAS interview also.
Cons of Public Administration Optional
- Some people say the syllabus is rather vast.
- It is theoretical and for those with a science background, this subject might seem dry.
- The competition is immense in this subject as most aspirants select this optional subject.
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website