W.B.C.S. Main 2018 Question Answer – ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING – Salt Bath Furnace.
WBCS ঐচ্ছিক ২০১৮ প্রশ্নের উত্তর – বৈদ্যুতিক ইঞ্জিনিয়ারিং – সল্ট স্নানের চুল্লি ।
- b) Discuss the starting process of a salt bath furnace.
- b) Starting process of a salt bath furnace:
Salt-bath furnaces have an excellent temperature uniformity and ensure very good heat transfer to the work piece. Generally, heat treatment can be carried out with shorter dwell times than in chamber furnaces. Since the charge is heat treated with the exclusion of oxygen, scale and discoloration on the surface of the parts are kept to a minimum. The salt-bath furnaces TS 20/15 – TSB 90/80 can be used for heat treatment of metals in neutral and active salt baths. They are used for processes such as nitriding according to Tenifer up to 600 °C, carburization to 950 °C or bright annealing to 1000 °C.Continue Reading W.B.C.S. Main 2018 Question Answer – ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING – Salt Bath Furnace.
The crucible is inserted so that it is suspended in the salt-bath furnace and can be replaced easily if necessary. Two crucible types are available:
- Type P: low carbon steel and CrNi plated for carburizing, neutral salt and annealing baths up to 850 °C
- Type C: high alloy CrNi steel for neutral salt and annealing baths up to 1000 °C
Crucibles are wearing parts because they are exposed to thermal stress during the heating and cooling process and corrosive salt. The following parameters influence wear of the crucible:
- Working temperature
- Number of heating and cooling cycles
- Charge material
- Charge quantity
- Contamination of the charge
- The crucible must be checked regularly for wear and damage. We recommend to order a replacement crucible together with the furnace.
Salt-bath furnaces are available for heat treatment of steel and aluminum: Features for heat treatment of steel:
- Tmax in salt: 750 °C or 1000 °C
- Safety technology according to EN 60519-2
- Melt-bath control: the temperature is measured in the salt as well as inside the furnace behind the crucible
- Removable collar plate made of steel
- Insulated swing-away lid
- Temperature uniformity up to +/- 2 °C according to DIN 17052-1 in the salt bath
- Over-temperature limiter in the furnace chamber to protect persons and the furnace
- Crucible can be easily replaced
- Defined application within the constraints of the operating instructions
- Tmax in salt: 550 °C
- Over-temperature limiter in the furnace chamber and in the salt bath to protect persons and the furnace
- Optical and acoustic alarm to warn if the critical temperature is exceeded
- Eurotherm 6100e temperature recorder to document the temperature profile
- Electrically heated (TS models):
- Freely radiating, high quality heating elements on ceramic support tubes
- Crucible heated from four sides
- If a heating element is defective, the furnace can be heated with the remaining heating elements
- Gas-fired (TSB models):
- Burner system with optimized flame management: high level of efficiency with overpressure operation to prevent false air entering
- Burner technology according to DIN EN 7462, part 2
- Lateral exhaust gas feed around the crucible
Our own publications are available at our webstore (click here).
For Guidance of WBCS (Exe.) Etc. Preliminary , Main Exam and Interview, Study Mat, Mock Test, Guided by WBCS Gr A Officers , Online and Classroom, Call 9674493673, or mail us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our you tube channel WBCSMadeEasy™ You tube Channel
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website