Zoology Optional Booklist – For UPSC-IAS Mains Examination.
Zoology is one of the optional subjects offered by the UPSC for the civil services mains exam. It is a reasonably popular optional subject among life sciences students who wish to pursue the IAS exam.Continue Reading Zoology Optional Booklist – For UPSC-IAS Mains Examination.
Being a science subject, it is a specialised one, and therefore, only life sciences graduates or doctors (MBBS graduates) are recommended to take up zoology as their optional. Zoology is the scientific study of animals, including animal anatomy, physiology, genetics, biochemistry, evolution, ecology, conservation and behaviour.
Booklist for Zoology Optional
- Cell and Molecular Biology – De Robertis, C.B. Powar
- Genetics – P.K. Gupta, Gardner, Ahluwalia, Vir Bala Rastogi
- Invertebrates – R.L. Kotpal, Nigam, Jordan
- Vertebrates – R.L. Kotpal, Nigam, Jordan and Varma
- Comparative anatomy of vertebrate zoology – Kent
- Animal physiology – H.R. Singh, Vander
- Biochemistry – Harper, Leninger, Stryer, Rao
- Embryology – Balinsky, A.K. Berry, Vir Bala Rastogi
- Organic evolution – Veer Bala Rastogi
- Ecology – P.D. Sharma, Odum, Vir Bala Rastogi and M.S. Jayaraj, Kotpal and Bali
- Economic Zoology – Shukla and Upadhaya, Kotpal Series, Kotpal- Khetrapal – Agarwal
- Ethology – Reena Mathur, Magazines like Science Reporter, Nature etc.
- General Zoology – Storer and Usurger
- Physiology – H.R. Singh
- Evolution – Vir Bala Rastogi
- A Dictionary of Entomology – Leftwich
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website