Zoology Optional For UPSC Mains Examination – How To Prepare This Subject.
Tips for Zoology Paper I
Non-chordata and chordata:
- Classification should be done thoroughly as it’s given in Barnes’ textbook.Continue Reading Zoology Optional For UPSC Mains Examination – How To Prepare This Subject.
- Pay attention to general essays rather than type studies
- Always correlate things from evolutionary viewpoint -Draw as many diagrams and flow charts as possible
- Students should cover all theories.
- In chordate description, compare the phyla phylogenetically and anatomically.
- Comparative anatomy diagrams should be coloured.
- The most scoring parts are Economic Zoology, Bio Stats and Bio Instrumentation.
- Students need to focus on topics related to developments in India in Economic Zoology.
Tips for Zoology Paper II
- To prepare Cell Biology and Genetics, students need to follow the same advice as provided for these two topics in Botany. However, you need to correlate cellular processes with human physiology and human disease conditions.
- In Genetics, student should also mention the possible human welfare applications.
Peripheral questions are generally not asked.
Biochemistry and Physiology
- Practical Bio-chemical pathway with structural formula of molecules are important.
- Prepare from medical bio-chemistry and physiology books.
- Represent most information through flow charts.
- Always draw relevant anatomical diagrams.
- If physiology and biochemistry are prepared thoroughly, then this part can be prepared only for short notes.
- Colored drawings are a must. Students need to practice them properly.
Please subscribe here to get all future updates on this post/page/category/website