How To Prepare Pali Literature Optional For WBCS Main Exam – Pali Literature Book List.
WBCS পরীক্ষার জন্য পালি সাহিত্য ঐচ্ছিক বিষয় কীভাবে প্রস্তুত করবেন – পালি সাহিত্যের বইয়ের তালিকা।
HOW TO PREPARE PALI LITERATURE OPTIONAL.Continue Reading How To Prepare Pali Literature Optional For WBCS Main Exam – Pali Literature Book List.
1: Know WBCS PALI LITERATURE syllabus
2: Select Best Reference Books for WBCS PALI LITERATURE Optional
3: Prepare a Study Plan
Study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting the good score in the WBCS exam. Prepare a study plan for WBCS exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare WBCS Pali literature Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Pali literature Main Syllabus
N.B. All answers must be written in Pali language in Devanãgarî or Roman Script.
1. Origin and Homeland of Pãli and its characteristics.
2. Pãli Grammar-(I) Technical Terms of Pãli Grammar-Akkhara, Sara, Vyañjana, Niggahîta, Nãma, Sabbanãma, Ãkhyãta, Upasagga, Nipãta, Abyaya, (II) Kãraka, (III) Samãsa; (IV) Sandhi; (V) Taddhita. (Apaccabodhaka-and Ãdhikãrabo-dhaka-Paccaya); (VI) Etymological derivation of the following words :-
Buddho, Bhikkhu, Sãmanero, Satthã, Dhammo, Latãyã, Purisãnam, Tumhe, Amhebhi, Munina, Rattîsu, Phalãya, Atthîsu, Raññam, Sangho.
3. Translation of two Pãli unseen passages into English.
4. Essays consisting of 300 words on any one of the following :
(a) Bhagavã Buddho, (b) Tilakkhanam, (c) Ariyo atthañgiko maggo, (d) Cattãri ariyasaccãni, (e) Kammavãdo (f) Paticcasamuppãdo, (g) Nibbãnam paramam sukham, (h) Tipitakam, (i) Dhammapadam, (j) Majjhimã-Patipadã.
5. Summary of Pãli passages.
6. Explanation of Pãli verses in Pãli.
7. The meaning of following indeclinables (Abyaya and Nipãta) and their use in candidates’ own Pãli sentences :
(I) Atha, (II) Antarã, (III) Addhã, (IV) Kadã, (V) Kittãvatã, (VI) Ahorattam, (VII) Divã, (VIII) Yathã, (IX) Ce, (X) Seyyathîdam, (XI) Vinã, (XII) Kudãcannam, (XIII) Saddhim, (XIV) Antarena, (XV) Kho, (XVI) Mã, (XVII) Evam, (XVIII) Ettha, (XIX) Kira, (XX) Pana.
There will be two compulsory questions which must be answered in Pali Languege in Devanagari or Roman Script. The remaining questions must be attempted either in Pali or in the medium of examination opted by the candidate.
(i) Life and teachings of Buddha from the Pãli sources.
(ii) History of Pali Literature-Canonical and Non-Canonical with reference to the following books and authors:
Mahãvagga, Cullavagga, Pãtimokkha, Dîgha-Nikãya, Dhammapada, Jãtaka, Theragãthã, Therîgãthã,Dîpavamsa, Mahãvamsa, Dãthãvamsa, Sãsanavamsa, Milindapanha, Petakopadesa, Nettippa-karana, Buddhadatta, Buddhaghosa and Dhammapãla.
1. Textual questions, critical comments and annotated translations would be asked from the following prescribed texts :-
(i) Dîghã-Nikãya (Only the Sãmaññaphala-Sutta)
(ii) Sutta-nipãta (Only the Khaggavisana-Sutta and Dhaniya-Sutta)
(iv) Milindapanha (Only the Lakkhana-panha
(vii) Pãli Prosody : Vuttodaya-Anutthubha, Indavajirã, Upendavajirã, Vasantatilakã, Mãlinî, Sikharinî, Upajati, totaka, Dodhaka, Vamsattha.
(viii) Pãli Rhetoric : Subodhãlankãrã -Yamaka, Anuppãsa, Rûpaka, Upama, Atisayutti, Vyatireka, Nidassanã, Atthanta-ranyãsa, Dîpaka, Ditthanta.
2. Short Notes on Buddhist concepts dealt within the prescribed texts.
3. Explanation of Pãli Verses from the prescribed texts.
Our own publications are available at our webstore (click here).
For Guidance of WBCS (Exe.) Etc. Preliminary , Main Exam and Interview, Study Mat, Mock Test, Guided by WBCS Gr A Officers , Online and Classroom, Call 9674493673, or mail us at – email@example.com